Monday, May 29, 2017

Love You Dylan

Dylan arrived with Dixie Chick in 2005 ( if my picture dates are correct). The Surrey SPCA grabbed the pair trying to survive on their own and brought them to our first place in Maple Ridge. Dixie was much older than Dylan and left us two years later , I had to move her from Dylan's side..
Dylan was a quiet boy and spoke very softly unless you brought his quietness to his attention then he would holler for dinner just let you know what he could do. When you unhooked his gate he would push the gate just right with that cute snouty so it bounced open. Then he would tuck his nose on the edge and flip it open all the way. I called him "my gentleman pig" to anyone being just introduced to him. Dylan on occasion would challenge his rival Casanova for head pig here. I have a few movies of them setting up to have a go. But Dylan was not a fighter he was timid , quiet , and gentle boy who lived his life here to the fullest, even during his last days here.
He was my helper at feed times and would run to great me and follow the little piles i would leave for him from paddock to paddock. He injured his shoulder so was put on meds for a year , i slowly took him off and he was back to helping me again. And then came the snow , that dam long winter and coming out of it i could see something big was wrong.
The day before Dylan left us he was reluctant to go to bed and wait for dinner like most do after a breakfast treat. I could see he kept going in and coming out and would just stand there . I have seen my older pigs do this before ..taking in there surroundings as if it was there last day on earth.
I kissed his nose when he was wrapped in a blue woolly blanket after he had left me. I will miss you my sweet sweet boy.


No comments: