Friday, July 12, 2013

My Daisy has crossed..

In 2001 the Surrey SPCA contacted me about 3 pigs and so off Maggie and i went to get them. When we arrived we were told one of the pigs had babies so we brought home a total of seven. I named the Mom, Flower and thought it was only fitting to name her only daughter ,Daisy. She had a litter of four and there were two other adults . These pigs were the firsts and ones i call the original ones or of the main herd as they have been with me the longest. Still , these babies are only 12 years old.. Daisy was out with her herd yesterday , and we watched her tail just a wagging to all heck. She had her bouts with arthritis and last few days she was on and off her food. I found her standing in her water dish the night before and i knew she was running a fever.. i got the meds into her and in complete shock i found her lost to this world first thing this morning. She looked perfect to me ....

3 comments:

Jean said...

She was perfect. :) How well I remember my first time at HON (when it was in Maple Ridge) and meeting Flower and her herd. Run free, Daisy, with those who crossed before you - you will all know each other by the love Janice placed in your hearts.

veganelder said...

RIP...please. Condolences to you.

Anonymous said...

oNLY JUST SEEN THIS POST jAN, SO SORRY ABOUT dAISY. hOPE THINGS NOT SO BAD FOR YOIU AT THE MOMENT, lOVE LESLEYX